It started at 12:00 am. My family and I have had this tradition that on everyone's birthday, we go down to my parent's room at 12:00 am and have a mini birthday celebration. We cut a cake, exchange presents, and just hang out for a little bit. We've had this tradition for as long as I can remember, and this tradition is one I'd like to carry forward to my future family one day. Because if you know me, you know that birthdays are SUPER important to me.
My mother surprised me with this lovely birthday cake. It was a red velvet cake that had very lawyer-ish and graduate things made by fondant on it.
Just four days before my birthday, I had gotten back my result and found that I graduated and am officially a lawyer now.
And as you can tell from this cake, my family was proud haha!
And as you can tell from this cake, my family was proud haha!
This cake was perfect and I loved it.
In the morning, I woke up around 11 am and immediately started getting ready because I had to meet my best friend for lunch at 2:30. My best friend treated me to lunch and there I had the yummiest Spaghetti Bolognese, which I had been craving for so long. This was the only solid plan I had for my birthday celebrations. For the rest of the evening, I had invited some of my close friends to get some dessert and to hang out for a bit, but everyone told me they were busy and they couldn't make it. Naturally, I was upset. My best friend tried cheering me up but I was a little quiet.
But little did I know that my best friend had been planning something for me behind my back. Turns out he had a lil surprise party arranged for me. He took me to the restaurant, and there hiding behind the chairs and under the table were my family members and friends who said they couldn't make it. They all had successfully managed to fool me. It was the sweetest surprise and it made my day.
The rest of the evening was spent chilling, laughing and eating good food. And I had the nicest time. I also got to cut another cake. This cake was yet another surprise by my lovely best friend. It was so delicious and I loved it. Afterwards, I went over to my other best friend's place and there we had a crazy dance party. And boy was it fun.
For my outfit, I went with this black lace slip dress, which I
paired with a plain white tee and some nikes. I love this trend
of layering slip dresses with t-shirts to give them a more of a
casual look. It look so chic! I asked my mom to get this dress custom made for me
by the tailors and she totally delivered.
I absolutely loved how this outfit turned out. It was exactly what I had visioned. I wanted to be comfortable but still look super stylish and trendy. And I'd like to think that I did. What do you guys think? Do you like this style?
For my makeup, I went for a glittery eye paired with a bold liner look. And of course, some red lipstick, because red lipstick is a must.
I am honestly so grateful for all my friends and family who went out of their way to make sure I had the best birthday ever. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have had such an amazing day. I'm super grateful for them and I love them all very dearly. I had the sweetest 22nd birthday and I'm eternally grateful.
Thank you to everyone who took out time to read this post. I hope you enjoyed reading it. Now I'm curious to know what your ages are so please leave them down in the comments below. I hope you all have an amazing last week of August. Until next time!










39 comments
Happy Birthday dear! :)
ReplyDeletexx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY
Many many happy returns of the day dear <3
ReplyDeleteHave a pleasant Monday.
Kisses <3
http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/
Wow that is nice
ReplyDeletenew post
http://www.alyinwanderland.com/2019/08/effortless-minimal-necklaces-and-cuff.html
Belated Happy Birthday to you! I hope you had a blast turning 22 :)
ReplyDeletehttps://sarahrizaga.blogspot.com
Wishing belated happy birthday to you Minhal. Glad to know you had a fabulous day. These are such good memories to cherish. :-)
ReplyDeleteVia | http://glossnglitters.com
Gostei do seu post, seu site é muito bom mesmo, estou toda semana visitando e lendo seus artigos.
ReplyDeleteParabéns!
Meu Blog: Rio Cap
Happy birthday and congratulations on your graduation Wishing much happiness and success xoxo Cris
ReplyDeletehttps://photosbycris.blogspot.com/2019/08/i-am-sharing-my-secret.html
Happy birthday and congrats on graduating! It sounds like you had a wonderful time celebrating!
ReplyDeleteHope that you are having a great weekend! We went to a birthday party in the park which was a lot of fun :)
Away From Blue
Happy Bday
ReplyDeleteMy Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/zorica_miteva/
My Blog: https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/
tantissimi auguri, complimenti.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Love the cake and I adore your chic layered look.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.kathrineeldridge.com
Happy birthday my dear!
ReplyDeleteDon't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Facebook
Bloglovin'
Happy belated birthday, I hope it was absolutely amazing! That cake is perfection, wow!
ReplyDeleteAshlee | https://www.maybeafterbrunch.com
What an amazing way to ring in 22! Happy birthday!
ReplyDelete-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge
Happy birthday and congrats on graduating! btw you look fabulous
ReplyDeletebelated happy birthday, babe. i wish you all the best.
ReplyDeleteJULIE ANN LOZADA BLOG
INSTAGRAM: @julieann_lozada
Happy belated birthday, gorgeous! That cake is incredible and what a special tradition!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are having a great week so far!
Amber
https://www.avecamber.com
https://www.bloglovin.com/avecamber
What a beautiful look and Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteShauna
www.lipglossandlace.net
Best wishes!
ReplyDeletehttp://a-woman-of-a-certain-age.com/
Happy birthday and congrats on your graduation and becoming a lawyer, that's amazing.
ReplyDeleteYou look fantastic in your black and white combo, I really like how you layered a white tee under that black dress. SO nice your friend prepared a surprise party for you...and that cake your family got you is so sweet.
https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com
Happy belated birthday again!!! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd so cool that they planned a suprise party for you, sounds so amazing ♥
xxx
Tina
https://styleappetite.com
Happy Birthday dear. I'm so happy to see that you have amazing celebration. Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteNew Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/09/glamglow-thirstymud-hydrating-treatment_5.html
Belated happy birthday, love the slip dress
ReplyDeletewww.stylebasket.in
Happy belated! Looks like you had a wonderful day!
ReplyDeletewww.sundaydahlias.com
Awww Happy Birthday!! 22 is such a beautiful age to celebrate. I remember when I hit 22 in college :)
ReplyDeleteBLOG | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM
Happy belated b-day princess!
ReplyDeleteKisses, Paola.
Expressyourself
Happy Birthday! I hope it was a great day and you have a wonderful year ahead! <3
ReplyDeletefindyourownhope.com
A big birthday to you.... It is so lovely and your cake is super cute.
ReplyDeleteNew post :
https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/09/south-africa-xenophobic-attack-on.html?m=1
Happy birthday to you!! The cake looks delicious haha
ReplyDeleteHilary
www.theclosetelf.com
Happy Birthday dear. It's always lovely to have friends and family with you to celebrate such a special day. Great photos. Thanks for sharing. xx
ReplyDeleteFASHION TALES
Happy birthday! :)
ReplyDeleteI wish you all the best xo
Shoot for the stars | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Facebook page | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Instagram
I love your look here Hun and happy birthday! Sounds like an amazing day and I hope you had a lovely birthday week x
ReplyDeleteGrace || www.gracelouiseofficial.blogspot.co.uk/
Happy Birthday! Beautiful pictures
ReplyDeletehttps://villemo20.blogspot.com
Happy birthday hun!
ReplyDeletexx- Nina
http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2019/09/red-booties-for-fallwinter.html
Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! Happy belated Birthday, by the way! :)
ReplyDeletehttps://www.makelifemarvelous.com/
Beautiful shots here! Wishing you all the best, good health and peace. Happy birthday!
ReplyDeletehttps://www.missymayification.co.uk
Aw congrats lawyer! :) I love that family tradition, so sweet.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/
This outfit is so cute!
ReplyDelete- Cielo
Mermaid in Heels
Happy belated birthday and congrats on graduating! It sounds like you had a wonderful day and I love the outfit you wore.
ReplyDeletex Kara | http://karascloset.net